Just a bump in the road...

"With God, all things are possible" Matthew, Chapter 19, Verse 26

Monday, October 25, 2010

Hi Guys!

It's been too long since I've posted. I always think something needs to happen for me to write something. And people/friends comment the fact it's been so long. What's going on?
The fact is I'm doing remarkably well. I met with Dr. Baidas last Monday before my 4th chemo treatment. And he's scheduled another Pet Scan for 1 week (two weeks at the time) That will determine how much the tumor has shrunk. If it's shrunk down to nothing, he will consider me in remission & if it's being stubborn & some part of it's still hanging around he will add two more treatments. My reasoning is it's already shrunk from 11.5 to 4 in two treatments. Then 4's nothing in just two treatments. I have NO doubt that it's going to be gone if it's shrunk that much already. Remission here I come!
These last two chemo's have knocked me out. I've slept practically the whole time. Then the rest of the day when I get home.
Still no nausea or ill feelings. To that I'm amazed. The stories I hear about it "collecting" in your system just hasn't happened & I only have two more to go. I am truly blessed.
I feel SO good. Tired toward the end of the day but still playing tennis a couple times a week.

Kevin and I celebrated our 9th anniversary this past weekend in Mt. Dora where we were married. We stayed at a friends 100 year old cottage right on Lake Dora, 1 mile from downtown.
We had lunch at the Frog and Monkey Pub right in the heart of downtown. It was packed from the Art's Festival activity. But the food was good and it was air conditioned!
Saturday my sister Lori and her husband Bill came over for dinner at The Goblin Market. I don't know if you've ever been there. If not, you must make a point of going when your in the area. The food is unbelievable, and the atmosphere is even better. They decorate for Halloween and it's really cute. We laughed and shared stories way into the night and ended up at Pisces Rising listening to the band playing and watching drunk people dance. It was so much fun.
The whole evening was wonderful.
The next day we awoke to a beautiful view across the lake. Had breakfast with Lori and Bill on the long back porch overlooking the lake and laughed and shared some more stories over coffee and waffles.
It was a wonderful weekend, one I will never forget.

Today I'm going to lunch with two of my favorite designers, Jose' Caberea and Susan Ettinger. Then we're going to Ritzy Rags to get fitted for a wig. I've been looking forward to it all week. They will be one of the first to see me bald. My neighbor girlfriends Jamie and Lucy have seen me. Of course I strip off whatever I've worn on my head all day off when I walk into my house. So if you come over you will too! ha ha. Fuzz head. My sister said what she was most suprised was that it was grey. You never expect the color to come in like it was when it fell out I guess.
I wasn't thinking grey, but then I did color it at even a hint of grey. Not realizing how much I had. All vanity goes out the window, I'll tell you that much.
Off to start my day.
Make it a great day too!
Love you all. Patsy

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Patsy,

I am so glad you sent a note, because yes, we all want to know how you're doing. I am so happy to hear each time you say you are doing well! Thank God for your continued health!

It was so nice to go out with you guys recently.. and we need to do it more often.

Take care and talk to you soon,

krissy

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, Good to see that you are doing really well. I'm so happy that you are feeling good and still playing tennis. I thought about you and Kevin on your Anniversary, if you had gone to Mt. Dora. Glad that you could get away. I was telling Carly that it was the day, she said awe...I love Aunt Patsy and miss her. She sent you guys her junior picture. I've been working so much. I'm at the new store now. Wish I could find a new job, the drive is killing me. Still praying for you and your recovery. I love you and miss you.

vic said...

Awesome to read your report. so happy for you. You are still in my prayers.
Vicki

Jason Grilli said...

Hey Patsy. Just letting you know that you are thought of often and your courage is remarkable! Glad to know you and I talked to Kevin about us getting together soon. We need to catch up and would love to share Jayse's vibrant energy with you. He is the light of our life. Hope you are having a great day. Praying for you!

Love,
The Grilli Family