Just a bump in the road...

"With God, all things are possible" Matthew, Chapter 19, Verse 26

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hello Friends

Hello Friends!

Just wanted to send out an update. A few of you have asked. I've been off for the summer enjoying life like I don't have this cancer. If you remember from the last post. The cancer has remained the same size since the second chemo. It's remained a size 4 cm throughout all 8 chemo's and a month of radiation. The last visit with my oncologist. It had gone down in intensity which is the heat in the core. It went from a 7 to a 5. Our prayer is it will have gone down more. Size would be nice as well. But anything going in the downwards direction would be awesome. I go in for a pet scan on the 3rd of Oct & get the results on the 10th of Oct.

My hair has grown back! It came in straight & thick. I "LOVE" it! It came in blonde, light brown & grey. I decided to color it closer to the grey so you could tell it was grey....Yuck. So I decided to color it with a rinse out semi permanent very lightest blond for now. So I'm a beautiful bright light blonde now. I've also decided to keep it short for now. I have to say it's SO easy getting ready to go anywhere these days! I don't even have to brush it. Just finger comb it and go. Having it short has been awesome for yard work and tennis too!

Which is a good time to mention. I was invited to join a tennis team. I was reluctant to join before my journey with this lymphoma is done. But I refuse to let it define me!!
I'm excited beyond words where this team is going, and the community of the girls on the team. We had a clinic last night (Monday) and I had a chance to meet them all. And Im very impressed with the kindness of them all.

On a sadder note. My mother-in-law Sara from my first marriage passed Sunday 9.11.11 after a long battle with dementia. She passed going to a peaceful sleep. She was a wonderful person. She always considered me one of her children. The daughter she never had. Her heart was so kind and pure. She made me a better person. She will be missed by SO many. My heart hurts that I can't call her anymore and hear her beautiful Georgia accent. But I know our Father God needed her more. He knows when we come into this world and he knows when we are going to leave it. It's his plan not ours.
And like I've said before. One day I will stand before him and thank him for the body he's loaned me.

Until the next post.
Make it a great day!
Love you all very much!
Patsy

1 comment:

Mini Mama said...

Thanks for the update. Miss seeing you. Heard you have been going to Discovery...come see me in the kid's area!