Just a bump in the road...

"With God, all things are possible" Matthew, Chapter 19, Verse 26

Friday, January 7, 2011

Post from December 20th

Merry Christmas my dear friends,
As Christmas approaches I was hopeful that I'd be through with the treatments by n ow, unfortunately that's not the case. The doc's added on two more chemo's. Today was my 7th chemo, my 8th will be on Jan 10th. And I got the results of the Pet Scan. It wasn't as positive as the past test have been. The tumor hasn't shrunk at all & the "area" was tagged as more "active". Of course I asked what that meant. And she was (Dr. Laura) was it's like it's trying to grow & the chemo is keeping it at bay. Which because of that news, they are adding radiation to my treatment plan. 17 rounds, one each day of the work week. The actual radiation only takes 5-10 minutes but setting it up etc, all in total will be 1 hour in the morning.
There are a couple of side effects that won't be pleasant. But there's a positive spin. Which you know I'll find.
One my hair will start growing back and two (the most important one) I will start losing weight because I won't be on the steroids anymore.
I have to get it off. We've got two weddings this summer, our nieces. Jody and Krystal. That should be time for me to drop 20 lbs in two months. Or at least enough to fit back in all the clothes hanging in my closet!!
I hope this entry finds you all happy and healthy this Christmas Season and the New Year is a blessed one.
I love each and everyone of you,
Patsy

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Patsy,

I love getting the updates and finding out what's happening, but I'm sad to hear about what's going on with that darn tumor!

What is amazing to me is that you keep your sense of humor through it all, talking about losing 20 lbs for weddings!

you are a wonderful woman and my brother and our family is fortunate to have you in our lives!

Love you!

Krissy

Unknown said...

Patsy,
You are awesome! You are truly an inspiration. I keep you in my prayers and thoughts and wish you a most wonderful new year. You are the best. Thanks for being you.
Love,
Hal G.

Tammy Kaitz said...

Patsy,
I have been watching for an update. Ahhh, I am sorry the results aren't what you wanted, but the radiation just might kick the butt of this sucker. Remember to count down, and in 17 days, that part of your journey will be complete. Stay strong, patient, and keep fighting the fight.
Best,
Tammy (an old friend of your fella)

Anonymous said...

Patsy,

You are awesome.
Keep your positive spirit and Blessings will come your way.